Broccoli with Creamy Lemon sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fat free skim milk (I use 2%)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooked hot broccoli florets
- Combine all the ingredients except the broccoli in the top of a double boiler, Cook over simmering water 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring constantly.
- Serve over hot cooked broccoli.
- This is also very good over hot cooked green beans.
Join The Conversation
A day and a half after eating it, my husband just said to me, "That broccoli we had the other night? That sauce was really good!". So I figured I'd better post something! Very simple and easy, not too fatty, and the lemon is just enough, not overwhelming lemony. Nicely balanced recipe, we'll be having this again, but probably made with Mexican crema, as I seldom have sour cream on hand. Like Jen T, I heated mine in the microwave, right in the Pyrex measuring cup I mixed it in.