Broccoli With Black Bean-Garlic Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup water, divided
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar or 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons black bean garlic sauce (see Ingredient note)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- Toast sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Mix 1/4 cup water, vinegar and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add black bean sauce and stir until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or stir-fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and stir to coat.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup water; cover and steam just until the broccoli is tender-crisp, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Push broccoli to the sides and pour the sauce mixture in the center.
- Stir until the sauce begins to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the broccoli to coat.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm on a broccoli kick right now, so decided to try this recipe out. The steaming time was perfect....so the broccoli was at the right texture. I just didn't care for the flavor...I think I would prefer it with just a bit of soy with the broccoli and garlic. Or maybe less black bean sauce flavor. Maybe a personal preference, so if you love black bean sauce I highly recommend it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher who is near the end of my career. I have many craft interests and have just added cooking to my list. Since I like to keep a check on what DH eats I usually try to follow the WW diet and just love their cookbooks. Recipezaar has become the answer to my many cookbooks and recipes I gather and just can't seem to get organized. MMMMM maybe in retirement. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">