Broccoli Salad With Bacon
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A favorite salad I tasted at a pot luck and had to have the recipe!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Clean and cut the whole broccoli into small pieces.
- Use all of the broccoli except the end chunks.
- Mix together broccoli, onion, sunflower seeds, raisins and mushrooms.
- Make the dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.
- Twenty minutes before serving the salad, toss and then toss again with the bacon and the dressing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was pretty good. I left out the sunflower seeds due to some family members not being able to eat nuts and seeds, but otherwise followed the recipe. I don't think I would use the mushrooms again just due to personal preference, but this is a quick and tasty little salad. Thanks for posting; it's a keeper! Gina :)1Reply
see 2 more