Broccoli Rabe (Rapini)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb broccoli rabe (trimmed and washed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut an X in the bottom of the stems and place into a large pot, cover with cold water and add in 1 tablespoon salt to the water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook until tender.
- Drain the broccoli rabe over a large colander.
- Using a spoon push the rabe against the colander to release most of the moisture.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli rabe and saute for about 12-15 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to taste if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!