A coveted recipe found years ago in the New Orleans Times Picayune Cook-off section sponsered yearly. This can be made in advance and frozen in its uncooked state. Defrost before baking. Don't forget to use fresh broccoli.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Clean and break broccoli into flowerets.
- Boil in lightly salted water until tender-crisp; drain.
- Cut flowerets, using some of the tender stalks.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and breadcrumbs; cook 3 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and broccoli, tossing and cooking 2 minutes longer.
- Butter 2 quart casserole dish.
- Add broccoli mixture then top with additional crumbs and cheese.
- Bake 350 degrees until golden, about 20-30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I love the flavors here and broccoli is my favorite veg. However, 759 calories and 49% fat is too rich for my blood. I boiled the broccoli and mixed it with the garlic, bread crumbs, 1 1/2 tablespoons of parm cheese and no more than 1 tablespoon of olive oil (no butter). That mix went into a small baking dish (I made 2 servings) and baked @ 300 for the given time. The result was more drier but delicious and easy to live with.
This is a nice side dish. I did skip the step of cooking the broccoli in olive oil before baking in the oven, rather I steamed my broccoli in the microwave, tossed with rest of the required ingredients oiled a cookie sheet with olive oil and popped in the oven. Easy peasy, and very delicious flavor! Thank you gailanng. Made for Every Day is a Holiday Tag May 2009