photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- In a medium saucepan stir together milk and soup. Cook and stir over medium.
- heat till bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir in broccoli, hash browns,.
- corn, and pimiento; cool. Pour mixture into a 1-quart freezer container.
- Seal, label, and freeze.
- To serve, transfer frozen mixture to a large saucepan. Cover and cook over.
- medium low heat for 40-45 minutes or till heated through. stirring.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful and very well recived by the whole family. I did not use the pimiento, used fresh (not frozen) hash brown potatoes and a frozen mixture of corn, peas, and carrots and fresh broccoli that I steamed in the microwave before adding to the soup. I also doubled the recipe which worked well. I did not freeze, just added everything as directed and let simmer for about a half hour or so. Thanks for posting this. I will be making it again.
Thick, cheesey and very satisfying! It's quite a hearty soup with the potato and corn in there. I didn't want to open a bag of hashbrowns just for 1/2 cup, so I peeled and diced a small potato. I then very gently simmered the soup (covered) for 20 minutes, and the potatoes were nice and tender. The pimiento adds nice color. Thanx for sharing this easy, yummy soup. I'll whip this up often!
I made this for your Super Bowl win. I enjoyed this chowder as a good basic recipe. After making & tasting, I did add a few things because of personal preference. I added 2 tablespoons of minced onion sauteed in a tablespoon of butter & about 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Served with a nice crusty bread & it was a delightful dinner on a cool night.