Broccoli Casserole (Pareve)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
One of my dearest friends makes the best broccoli casserole. She was kind enough to share it with me. I made my own modifications to make it pareve so I could eat it all the time. Rachel, this one I dedicate to you.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb baby bella mushroom, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups plain unsweetend cashew milk
- 6 ounces daiya cream cheese
- 8 ounces daiya shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 (180C).
- Steam the broccoli to just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Using the same pot, heat up the olive oil. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic. Cook until the onions are nice and soft.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pot. Stir until it is all mixed inches.
- Stir in the milk . Keep stirring until it is completely mixed in and starts to thicken.
- Add the cream cheese. Keep stirring until the cream cheese has been mixed in throughout.
- Take the pot off of the burner.
- Stir in the the bag of Daiya cheddar cheese.
- Stir in the eggs and the spices.
- Add the broccoli back in and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a 9 X 11 casserole pan.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top. Add as much as you like. (I make a mixture of panko, seasoned breadcrumbs and crushed corn flakes.).
- Bake 35 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are a golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION