- Ready In:
- 1 cups chopped fresh broccoli or (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix (bisquick)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- Heat i cup water to boiling add broccoli, cover cook till almost tender, drain.
- cook and stir ground beef in skillet till brown, drain.
- stir mushrooms into the ground beef.
- stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese, and the chopped onion.
- mix baking mix, water and the remaining cheddar cheese until sift dough forms.
- mix very well.
- pat dough in bottom of greased baking dish (13x9x2) press dough up sides of dish using hands.
- spread beef mixture on top of dough sprinkle with broccoli.
- mix remaining ingredients, pour ove broccoli.
- Bake at 400 in oven till golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Note: if using frozen broccoli, thaw under warm water, do not cook.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up on a farm and learned to cook from scratch. By age 9 I could follow a recipe.So I have been cookng for a lot of years now. Besides cooking I enjoy bible study, church, crafts, collecting rings and Christmas ornaments, reading, collecting angels and visiting with friends via E mail. Have been married for over 30years and have four children, two of which are handicapped. The kids are all grown now and I am getting use to cooking smaller portions. Recently found out my husband has non-hodgkins-lymphomia. He will start treatment soon. Learning more about healthy eating and healthy cooking.