Broccoli Beef Lo Mein
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 6 ounces vermicelli, cooked and drained
- 2 -3 cups broccoli florets, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- In a large skillet, brown beef with onion and garlic; drain.
- Add bean sprouts, mushrooms, and water chestnuts.
- Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the vermicelli, broccoli, soy sauce, oyster sauce, if desired, and ginger; toss to coat.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW, this was so good! I used a whole wheat blend pasta, so it was somewhat like soba noodles. I used thawed, frozen broccoli cuts and a few left-over fresh mushrooms. I even threw in a few slices of celery that needed to be used up. I skipped the 2nd cooking step. Once the meat and onion was done, I tossed everything together and just heated and kept stirring until it was hot. Don't leave out the oyster sauce, it gives it a nice shine and texture, and adds depth to the taste! Di, thank you for a truly great recipe! I will be using this one often!!!