Broccoli and Red Bell Pepper Saute
photo by dianegrapegrower
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 lbs broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut julienne
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion (including some of green tops)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut off broccoli florets; cut large florets in half lengthwise.
- Peel stems and slice 1/4-inch thick.
- Steam broccoli until just crisp-tender, about 4 minutes for florets and 7 minutes for stems.
- Rinse under cold water, drain and pat dry.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and saute until softened, about 5 minutes;increase heat to high.
- Add broccoli, onions, parsley, juice,salt and pepper and toss until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!