Broccoli and Potato Chowder
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs broccoli
- 1⁄2 lb potato, red, unpeeled, diced
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups low-fat milk (1%)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresnly ground
- 3 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, minced
- In large saucepan, combine broccoli, potato, onion & diluted broth.
- Cover & bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low & cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk milk into the flour. Add milk mixture to soup, along with tarragon, thyme, salt & pepper.
- Stirring constantly, cook until mixture comes to a boil & is thickened, about 7 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls & sprinkle each with some cheese, then top with minced bell pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!