Broccoli Amandine Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour, i use wondra for smooth sauce
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup gouda cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted
- Cook broccoli til tender.
- Drain& put in 2 quart casserole dish.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in water.
- In 1 quart saucepan, melt butter& add flour.
- Cook, stirring constantly 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in cream& bouillon, beating vigorously with wire whisk.
- Bring sauce to boil& stir til thick& smooth-about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat& add sherry, lemon juice& pepper.
- Pour sauce over broccoli& sprinkle with cheeses and almonds.
- Bake@ 350 for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Originally from the Midwest, I have lived in New Orleans for decades--my waistline shows it! It's a fabulous foodie city, with new restaurants constantly opening. Travel is very important to me, and we do a lot of that. My photography "habit" and travel go together nicely, as does a growing passion for birding and its associated travel.