Brisket Challah Sliders
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degree)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 -3 tablespoons sesame seeds
For Brisket Sandwiches
- 4 -6 cups beef brisket, cooked
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 cups cabbage, slaw recipe follows
Red Cabbage and Cilantro and Carrot Slaw
- 3 cups red cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups grated carrots (or julienne)
- 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- If making by hand, in a large bowl, combine yeast, sugar and water. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add oil and yolks and stir to combine, then add flour and salt and stir to combine. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic.
- If making in a stand mixer, combine yeast, sugar and water in the bowl of a stand mixer. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Place bowl on stand mixer fitted with a dough hook and add oil and yolks and stir to combine. Add flour and salt and mix on low speed until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Coat a large bowl lightly with oil. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise in a warm draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Punch dough down, then cover and let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cut into 16 pieces and cover with a towel. Working one at a time, roll dough into 10-inch ropes, then twist around and tie, tucking the ends underneath. (Alternatively roll each piece of dough into a ball). Cover and let rest for 10 minutes, then brush dough with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until bread is golden and cooked through. Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, then serve.
- To assemble sandwiches, cut bread in half and pile on brisket, BBQ sauce and cabbage slaw.
To Make the Slaw:
- Combine all ingredients and let sit for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!