Brioche, Sausage and Egg Bake
photo by Tiz4tggr
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 cups brioche bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb sausage (I used 2 links of milk Italian sausage as this is what I had on hand)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage of your choosing, I just happen to have Italian sausage at the time.
- Add garlic to skillet and continue to cook for about 2 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Grease a glass loaf baking dish and add brioche cubes to the bottom.
- Top bread with sausage and garlic mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream and rest of ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage and bread and top with cheese.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and set aside for about 20 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake for 30-45 minutes or until top is golden and bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!