Brined Chicken With Big Bob's White BBQ Sauce
photo by Shawn C
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
For the brine
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle big bob's bbq white sauce (or make copycat below)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- SAuce: In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and blend well.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Chicken: In a medium bowl, combine the brine ingredients and mix well. Add the chicken breasts, making sure they are completely covered.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the brine and wipe off the excess salt.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grate directly over the heat and grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- The internal temperature of the chicken breasts should be 160 degrees.
- Submerge each chicken breast into a bowl of Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q White Sauce. Remove from the sauce and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
SAHM enjoy collecting and trying different recipes. I prefer to give honest reviews for items I have tried. if I make changes I note them in the review.