Bright Seafood Stew for Two
photo by David Hawkins
- Ready In:
- Blanch Roma Tomatoes for about 3 minutes - You can do this using the microwave, or a vegetable steamer ahead of time that is already boiling. Alternatively, use canned San Marzano Tomatoes.
- Prep all seafood by rinsing, and thawing if frozen.
- Heat dutch oven or saucepan on low heat for 3 minutes and add olive oil.
- Saute crushed garlic low heat for about two minutes being careful to not burn or brown excessively.
- Add tomatoes, fish stock, wine. salt, pepper, and lemon juice to the pot, then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add seafood and simmer for about 5 minutes until just done. Stir in the parsley and basil and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Started washing dishes in restaurants (the Moose Lodge to be precise) at 13. Worked at a bunch of Long Island restaurants from 14 to 18, did salad prep, sous, breakfasts, line, short order and whatever role was open. Loved it, and kept cooking when I went into the Army at 18. By 22, stopped cooking for work, but still cook at home a lot. Now, I actually think I am a better cook than ever, and have even considered opening my own restaurant some day.