Breidi's Italian-Seasoned Roast Beef
This divine recipe was given to us from our friends Brian and Heidi (Breidi). Easy to make and mouthwatering to boot! A crowd-pleaser that goes great with mashed potatoes or rice. Sirloin tip roast is preferred but you can use whatever kind of roast you like.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 4 lbs beef roast
- 1.5 (1 1/16 ounce) packages Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- In an oven safe pot on the stove top, brown the roast in some olive oil.
- After the meat is nicely browned, add enough water to barely cover the bottom of the pot.
- Cover and place in a 325 degree oven for about 2 and a half hours. While roasting, mix together remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Remove pot from oven and add reserved mixture, you may need to remove some juices to make room. I prefer to use a smaller pot and try to cover the meat completely.
- Cover the pot and place it back in the oven for approximately one hour. When a fork twists easily in the meat it is done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
How can I add more stars? If there is a way, I'd be adding more onto this review! This was delicious! I didn't cook it as long as stated because I like my beef rare. I added a couple of tablespoons of flour and thickened up the sauce for a really good Italian gravy. My husband is still commenting on dinner! I will be making this again FOR SURE. Made for TYM tag. Thanks Hadice! :)