Breakfast Tacos With Chorizo, Egg and Potato
- Ready In:
Pico de Gallo with Avocado
- 8 ounces plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 3 tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (2 to 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 ripe avocado, halved, pitted and chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, chopped
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces fresh mexican-style chorizo sausage, casing removed (about 6 links)
- 4 ounces new potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 medium)
- 6 large eggs
- four 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup crema
- hot sauce, for serving
For the pico de gallo:
- Mix together the tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, avocados and onions in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Cover and chill.
For the tacos:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the chorizo until cooked through, breaking up with back of wooden spoon, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chorizo to a paper-towel-lined-plate.
- Add the potatoes and cook, covered, stirring occasionally until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined-plate.
- Whisk the eggs and sprinkle with salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the eggs to the same skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring until the eggs are softly set, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the chorizo and potatoes to the skillet and toss with the eggs to warm through and finish cooking the eggs. Toast the tortillas in a small skillet over medium-high heat, topping each tortilla evenly with the cheese, until the cheese melts and the tortillas begin to crisp on the bottom, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a platter. Put 1/2 cup of the egg and chorizo mixture in each tortilla and top with 1 tablespoon of the pico de gallo. Reserve any leftover pico de gallo for another use. Fold each tortilla in half and serve with the sour cream and hot sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!