Breakfast Potstickers With Avocado and Goat Cheese
photo by LambAround
- Ready In:
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, Cooked and Chopped
- 1 avocado, Diced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 48 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup boiling water (for steaming)
- sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- In a medium bowl, add Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, bacon, avocado, and goat cheese.
- In a food processor, finely chop the spinach, bell pepper, and onion. Add the eggs to the food processor and pulse until combined.
- Mix the ingredients from the food processor into the bowl.
- On a clean countertop, lay out a dozen potsticker wrappers. Place 1 tablespoons of filling onto the center of each.
- Using a basting brush, lightly dab the edges of each potsticker with cold water.
- Fold a corner of each potsticker onto the opposite corner, forming a triangle, and press all the way around the edges to create a seal.
- Repeat until all of your potsticker wrappers are filled and sealed.
- In a large pan with a lid (I use an electric griddle, set to 350F) add just enough oil to lightly coat the surface. When the oil is hot, add as many potstickers as will fit (My griddle can accommodate all 48 - though it is a tight fit! - but smaller pans will require you to work in batches).
- While the potstickers are cooking, combine your boiling water and ketchup and mix thoroughly. Add this water/ketchup mixture onto the potstickers and immediately cover with the lid.
- Let steam for 5 minutes, then remove the lid, allowing the water to evaporate.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Enjoy your fancy potsticker breakfast!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I work in a pediatric dental office and love to spend my free time cooking and blogging. http://lambaround.blogspot.com