Breakfast Omelette (Ww)
If following the WW flex plan this is 4 points/serving -- which is very do-able as a breakfast dish,even if adding fruit to make it a complete breakfast.Recipe source: WW Magazine (March 2008)
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese (or 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat Italian cheese blend, shredded (or your favorite reduced-fat cheese, shredded)
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, egg whites, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Set aside.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with Pam and set over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and remaining salt (1/4 teaspoon) and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook, stirring occasionally for 2-5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add tomato and cook an additional 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in cheese and basil. Set aside.
- Wipe out skillet with a paper towel.
- Add oil to skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture and cook until eggs are set (3-5 minutes), lifting edges to allow uncooked eggs to flow under.
- Spoon cheese mixture over half of the eggs, folding the other half of the eggs over the cheese mixture to enclose the filling. Cook turning once for about 2 more minutes or until filling is heated through.
- Cut into 4 serving pieces and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation