Breakfast Oatmeal Custard
- Ready In:
- Bring water to a boil in a medium to large sauce pan.
- Add Oats, stirring while boiling until water becomes cloudy and a little thickened.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring once or twice, for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Let oatmeal cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot.
- Stir well to ensure all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Spray a 9 x 12 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour ingredients of pot into sprayed baking pan.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 45 minutes to one hour, or until the top of the custard is firm to the touch.
- Turn off the oven and let the "custard" cool in the pan - this lets the last of liquid thicken up.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice the custard into 10 even pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!