- Ready In:
2 dozen sandwiches
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup extra-light vegetable oil spread (60% with no trans fat )
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups bananas (ripe, mashed, about 3 medium)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quaker quick oats (uncooked*) or 2 cups old fashioned oats (uncooked*)
- 1⁄2 cup banana chips, broken, dried (optional)
- 1 1 cup smooth cashew butter or 1 cup almond butter
- Heat oven to 350ºF. In large bowl, beat brown sugar and spread with electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add bananas; beat well. Add combined flours, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; mix until blended. Add oats and, if desired, banana chips; mix until blended.
- Drop dough by heaping measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. With narrow metal spatula, spread into 2-1/2 inch circles.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
- To assemble, spread 2 teaspoons peanut butter on flat side of one cookie. Press second cookie over peanut butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!