Breakfast Maple Sausage
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Fresh breakfast sausage is a highly seasoned type of pork sausage that is not cured or smoked.
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs lean pork butt
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (fine grind)
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat with a fine grinding plate.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION