Breakfast in a Pan
Nice hot breakfast casserole for those chilly mornings. A real stick to your ribs meal all in one pan. I sometimes add cheese to the top of this casserole!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 loaf stale bread, cut in cubes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1 cup sausages or 1 cup bacon (breakfast meat)
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over low coals.
- Toss in bread cubes and stir until lightly browned.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over bread cubes.
- Cook over medium coals until set and browned on the bottom.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I am in love with this recipe! I have made it 3 times in the last 4 days, because DH and I can't get enough of it. I've made it with deli sliced ham, sausage and bacon. Each time I added some red onion and scallions and various cheeses, cheddar, swiss, pepperjack. Fantastic and SO easy! The lovely "croutons" are what make it truly special!
This is a great breakfast recipe because it tastes great and most likely you have these ingredients on hand. I prepared it in a pan on the stove top and it turned out perfectly. It is one of those recipes that you can also get creative with by adding onions, green pepper, cheese, etc, etc (whatever ingredients you have on hand). Thanks so much, Laurie!