Breakfast Fried Rice
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced can use 1/2 Red Pepper too
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled over night if possible
- garlic powder, to taste
- soy sauce, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten can use 2 if you want
- In a frying pan over medium heat cook bacon until 1/2 cooked, drain off the fat. You only want to drain when half cooked because it add so much flavor to the end dish.
- Add mushrooms, green pepper and green onion. Saute a couple minutes, stirring from time to time.
- When you are ready to add the rice the bacon should be almost fully cooked Add rice, sprinkle on garlic powder, and soy sauce, add beaten egg, and stir occasionally until rice is hot and egg is cooked.
- Don't be too shy with the garlic powder, It adds a lot of flavor, actually when I make it for myself I prefer more garlic powder than my serving dish. One cashier likes it with out the soy and garlic another with out soy. The one who likes it plain eats hers with tabasco sauce. I usually shake it all over the rice, then same with the soy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have been making this dish since 2012. It is delicious! One small tweak I make is to remove the half-cooked bacon from the pan, drain the bacon fat and then scramble the eggs. I then set them aside covered to keep warm; clean the pan and return the bacon to the pan and proceed from there. I prefer the bits of scrambled egg through out the rice to the texture of the egg coating the rice when it is mixed in raw during step three. I add the scrambled egg at that point instead. I have all my ingredients ready to go in the pan right now and my husband and I can hardly wait to dig in!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My passion is cooking, I have been baking and cooking since I was young. With 2 working parents it was essential. <br> <br>I am trained as a Professional Cook, even have a cooking certificate, lol. The best education I ever got was going to cooking school. <br> <br>I spent 3 years cooking in a gas station restaurant and all was well working there, but my heart still wanted to cook for kids. October 2008 I finally got the job I wanted. I been cooking for the kids for just over a year now and I love every day of it. The kids are great, some frustration, but it is all good, they are so smiley everyday, how could you not like work when you have a bunch of smiling faces looking at you. <br> <br>Another good thing about my job is I get the summers off. I had a pretty good summer, I got to tend to my garden and get a bunch of stuff into the freezers, I was given a second freezer this summer. I have been planning on eating mainly out of the freezers so we can save some extra cash for Christmas. <br> <br>I have plans on finding some nutrition courses that I can do online, just for dabbling in, it would sure help with cooking for the kids. <br> <br>I live with my hubby and 3 kids (11,6,5), and one cat, who is part in-door, out-door. <br> <br>I really want to get back into losing weight this school year, it has been 1 1/2 years since I lost about 15 pounds, I have maintained that loss though. I would still like to lose another 10 pounds.