Breakfast Cream Cheese Snack Cake
GREAT with coffee! This snack cake has a smooth, flavorful texture. A wonderful item to have with fruit at breakfast or your morning break. Has a special cinnamon topping. Additions of 1/2 cup of blueberries or mini chocolate chips may be used. Quick to prepare!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter with cream cheese. Stir in beaten eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Lightly mix in milk without beating or overstirring mixture.
- Pour into a 9 x 9 inch baking pan which has been greased.
- TOPPING: Mix butter, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of cake.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.