A good substitute for muffins or breakfast bars - full of flavor and whole grains!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup other dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter and butter and beat on medium with an electric mixer.
- Add brown sugar; beat until combined.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Add banana, baking soda & salt; beat until combined.
- Add flour & wheat germ, a little at a time, and beat until combined.
- Stir in rolled oats, dried fruit and chocolate chips (if using) by hand.
- Using a 1/4-cup scoop, scoop dough onto cookie sheet and flatten into 3" circles with bottom of glass.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Cookies can be frozen until ready to eat - microwave for 20 seconds to thaw.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation