Breakfast Casserole (Pennsylvania Dutch
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 lb sausage, browned
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Beat eggs, add milk, salt and mustard, mixing well.
- Grease bottom of 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place in layers of bread cubes, the sausage, then cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Let stand about 5 minutes before cutting.
- NOTE: For 8 people use 3 slices of bread and 8 eggs.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this (just as written) last week for a sunday breakfast reception in my sunday school class. I thought this would be great since it was make ahead.... and bake it later. It was ok, I did think it needed a bit more of a seasoning kick, I am a Texas Girl! I'll try some chili powder, or green chili's next time.Reply
Great breakfast cassarole. Easy make ahead dish. I have made it a few times now already! I usually make it with maple sausage (my husbands favorite) and I always use wheat bread. It is a delicious breakfast, and we usually eat it with a breakfast bread such as coffeecake/ biscuit/ banana bread and some fruit either a banana or orange juice.Reply
see 7 more