- 12 flour tortillas
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped fine
- 6 potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch cubes (hint - use your food processor and just shred them!)
- browned chicken (optional) or browned turkey (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- butter (optional)
- Fry eggs until done in small amount of butter.
- Remove from pan into a large bowl.
- Fry onion and green pepper in butter until tender; add to bowl.
- Fry potatoes in butter until potatoes are soft but not mushy, and starting to brown.
- Add everything into the bowl and stir to mix.
- Warm tortillas in microwave (20 secs) until they are very flexible and warm.
- Put about 1/2 cup of mixture into the tortilla.
- Roll and set on a cookie sheet that has a light coat of non-stick spray on it.
- Freeze on tray.
- When frozen, remove, wrap well and refreeze.
- To serve: warm in microwave about 2 and 1/2 minutes.
- To be honest, this recipe sort of'happens' for me.
- I vary it according to what I have on hand.
- You can do more eggs, less potatoes, no onion, etc.
- You can use a bag of pre-made hash browns if you want, too (watch the added salt, though).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are great. I used 5 eggs, 5 bacon and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus onion, 1/2 can diced potato and bell pepper. Also use high fiber low carb tortillas. Made 10 burritos at 3 points each on WW. Hubby and I loved them, had 2 each covered with salsa and froze the rest. They sure are filling too. Thanks Laura for a keeper.