photo by KateL
- Ready In:
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, brown sausage.
- Drain, discarding all but 2 T. drippings.
- Add onion, green pepper, and mushrooms.
- Saute until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet or in the microwave, scramble the eggs.
- Place an equal amount of sausage mixture on each tortilla.
- Cover with an equal amount of eggs and 2 T. of cheese.
- Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Serve with salsa if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for Sunday Brunch with my DGS and my Boy Wonder. I used half a pound regular bulk sausage and half a pound sweet Italian Sausage, I also added a tad bit of salt, pepper, and some minced garlic. This made up into a very easy meal, that was quite tasty, and brought raves from both the guys, in fact has been requested for next Sundays breakfast when DGS will be bringing is girlfriend...woo hoo you made quite a hit here! Thank You so much Coffee for a really good recipe. Made for KK's Green Event.
A breakfast burrito is the most-requested breakfast by my DH & what he routinely asks me to serve guests for brunch (w/fried potatoes). It is usually reserved for weekends, rarely as complete a pkg & usually made w/bacon. Today he got *the real deal* in all its glory as a treat. He kissed me, said "I loved breakfast" & left for work a happy camper. I used sun-dried tomato tortillas & admit to 1 shortcut when I scrambled the eggs w/the veggies after I sauteed them. He will still happily accept my abbreviated versions, but I bet this gets requested more often. Thx for sharing this easy-fix & yummy good recipe. :-)