Seasoned Breaded Shrimp
photo by Ed L.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs peeled shrimp (21-25 size, marinate shrimp from 4 hours to overnight)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 crushed garlic cloves (I usually add more garlic)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
breading for the shrimp (add more of each spice to your liking)
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Marinate shrimp up to over night. Mix breadcrumbs with spices. Coat each shrimp with breading. Place in single layer baking dish. Save marinade.
- Stir melted butter and olive oil with remaining marinade. Pour over shrimp.
- Bake 400 for 13 -15 minutes.
- Serve as an appetizer with crackers or as a meal with rice and vegetable.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I teach Special Education here in the Saratoga Springs, NY area. I absolutely love it here. I enjoy traveling - wish I could do it more often. I enjoy cooking and baking. Maybe that's why I am addicted to the Food Network. I watch it nonstop.