Breaded Pollock Fillets for 2
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a nice baked fish. I enjoy making this with garlic mashed potatoes :-) (prep time does not include time to thaw frozen fillets)
- Ready In:
- 2 pollock fillets, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, divided
- If your fillets are frozen, thaw in advance.
- When your fillets are ready to prepare, preheat your oven to 350F degrees and lightly grease a shallow pan.
- Melt your butter, and set aside.
- Take a large plate (NOT PAPER) and pour breadcrumbs on to plate.
- Add spices to breadcrumbs and mix through with your fingers.
- Add butter to breadcrumbs and mix through with fingers again.
- Melt the other 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- Take melted butter (allow to cool a little so you do not burn your fingers!!!) and lightly spread over the fillet and then roll fillet in breadcrumbs.
- Pat breadcrumbs into both sides of the fillet over and over again until nicely coated.
- Put fillets on pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until fish flakes nicely.
- Enjoy alone or with your favorite sauces!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is awesome and easy! I followed exactly except used my own mix of spices (garlic powder, Mrs. Dash, Lawry's seasoned salt, basil, etc.) The great part about this recipe is being able to dramatically change the taste each time based on the spices you use. Great way to mix it up! Recommend serving with mashed potatoes.1Reply
My husband enjoyed this recipe. He said it was something new for fish. I on the other hand am not a big fish person, and did not enjoy this recipe. I felt that the breading was too soggy. I prefer something that is crispy. Maybe the breading would be crispier if fried instead of baked... I probably won't try this one again.Reply
see 2 more