Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce
photo by dhummel930
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 (10 ounce) French bread, stale loaf, crumbled
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon (or to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mixture should be moist but not soupy (oatmeal consistency).
- Pour into a buttered 9" by 12" (or larger) baking dish.
- Place in 'non-preheated' oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Serve with warm whiskey sauce.
- Cream butter and sugar over medium heat until all butter is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and blend in egg yolk.
- Pour in bourbon gradually stirring constantly.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serve warm over bread pudding.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to collect cookbooks and recipes..</p>