Bread Pudding With Warm Bourbon Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe comes from Bon Appetite, September 1999.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups cinnamon-raisin bread (day old bread with crusts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 pinch salt
- Butter 8-inch square baking dish.
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Place bread and pecans in prepared dish. Pour milk mixture over and let stand 5 minutes.
- Push down bread into custard.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, pushing bread into custard occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place bread pudding in large metal baking pan.
- Add enough boiling water to baking pan to come 1 inch up sides of dish with bread pudding.
- Bake until pudding is puffed and golden brown on top, approximately 50 minutes. Remove dish with bread pudding from water and cool slightly.
- Cut into squares. Serve bread pudding warm with sauce.
- To make the bourbon sauce:.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer until thickened, whisking often, about 3 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Place some of the sauce on top of a square of bread pudding.
- **Cook time does not include refrigeration time of 2 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION