Bread Pudding With Amaretto Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Midwest Living magazine. Amaretto Sauce is listed in the directions. There are instructions to cool in refrigerator 4 hours to overnight before baking.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 5 cups cubed cinnamon rolls without icing (cinnamon-swirl bread, brioche or sweet bread)
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream (if you like, omit the whipping cream and use 3 cups total half and half)
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Spread the bread cubes in a single layer in a large shallow baking pan. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until bread cubes are dry; stirring several times. Place dry bread cubes in a greased 2 quart casserole square baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, whipping cream, half and half, sugar and the vanilla. Pour egg mixture over bread. Use the back of a large spoon to gently push down on the bread cubes, making sure bread absorbs the egg mixture. Cover and chill 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered in 325 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Serve warm with Amaretto Sauce or maple syrup.
- Amaretto Sauce: 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/3 cup light colored corn syrup, 1/4 cup amaretto, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- In a heavy small saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and amaretto. Cook stirring frequently, over medium heat until mixture just comes to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm with bread pudding. Makes about 3/4 cup sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION