Bread Pudding...lower Cal/Fat
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb French bread
- 1 quart nonfat milk
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 cups Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Break bread into chunks, place in large shallow bowl. Add milk; let soak for about 10 minutes. Add Egg Beaters, Spenda, vanilla, raisins. Stir gently until combined. Pour into 9 x 13 pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 50 minutes or until firm. Pull out of oven and pour sauce over the top.
- For the sauce: In a small pot combine Splenda with cornstarch. Add half and half and margarine. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add vanilla.
Join The Conversation
Being Southern I LOVE bread pudding. Since joining Weight Watchers over 2 years ago, I have learned recipes can be altered and still taste fabulous. I take this recipe to EVERY family gathering and NO ONE can tell the difference. If you do not have french bread...use ANY bread. I love to take left over hot dog buns and throw them in the freezer. When I have enough, I pull them out to make this recipe.