Bread Pudding (Best Ever)
This recipe is my own personal version of the best bread pudding I have ever tasted.
- Ready In:
- 6 dinner rolls (hamburger size rolls)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- nutmeg (optional)
- raisins (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup pecan halves
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cube rolls into 1 inch pieces.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, butter, but don't allow to boil.
- When cooled, add vanilla, beaten eggs, sugar and baking powder.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spray 9X13 baking dish with Pam, layer the bread cubes and pour the liquid all over, making sure the bread is well saturated.
- Sprinkle brown sugar topping all over the bread and cover with pecans.
- If you prefer, sprinkle top with cinnamon and raisins.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, until top is brown and looks crusty.
- Serve warm with cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I make bread pudding all the time and mix everything in one 10 cup bowl break bread into small piecesand make a batter like mixture also use use a stick of butter cut into small pieces, 1 c.sugar, 1 can evaporated milk plus 1/2 ,can water, 1 tsp vanilla and cinnamon, 3 eggs, raisins. Have added chocolate chips and nuts, pineapple and apples. All have been praised "as the best ever. Baking time is 45 min at 375.Replies 1
see 3 more