photo by CountryLady
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put raisins in a small bowl, sprinkle with rum& set aside for at least 10 minutes or overnight, if possible.
- Lightly oil an 8 inch baking dish or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread bread evenly in the dish.
- Whisk eggs in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the rum soaked raisins.
- Pour this mixture over the bread and press down gently to ensure that all bread is moistened.
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes pressing down occasionally.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until puffed& set in the center.
- Serve warm with ice cream or frozen yogurt or rum sauce or custard sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">