Bread of Barbados
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Combine almonds with flour, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Cream butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time and then beat in the mashed bananas.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in the almond mixture.
- Spoon into well-greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until well done.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cool before slicing.
- To serve, cut thin slices.
- Spread, if you wish, with soft butter or cream cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My whole family loved this recipe. The almonds are key. We used slivered (blanched) almonds because that is what we had on hand. I made no other changes other than a bit of cinnamon. I also may have made a few of the measurements heaping. This is a good recipe! It is not very sweet but it is called bread for a reason I suspect. We will be making this again. Thanks Mysterygirl!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am one of the early members of Zaar joining in October 2001. It was instantly my favorite site even though there were only about 5000 recipes. Back then the original owners Troy and Gay ran the site and they had a lot of interaction with the members. I miss them. <br /> <br />Through the years it still remains to this day my favorite go to site and the one that I send all of my friends and family to when they need anything.</p> 8724616"