Bread Machine West African Banana Fritters
photo by Stardustannie
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup banana, ripe and mashed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
FRYING AND TOPPING
- 2 -4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Add all the ingredients for the dough to your bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer and process on the dough cycle.
- Remove the dough after the cycle ends and place on a lightly floured work surface.
- With a floured rolling pin, roll out the dough into an 8-by-12-inch rectangle.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Place on a nonstick or greased tray, cover, and let rise in draftfree area about 30 minutes.
- Heat 1-inch of oil in a large saucepan or skillet until it reaches 365 degrees F on deep-frying thermometer.
- Fry 3 or fritters at a time 10 to 15 seconds on one side until golden.
- Carefully flip fritters and fry until lightly browned, 5 to 7 seconds.
- Drain on crumpled brown paper bags or on several layers of newspaper covered with a sheet of paper towel.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over fritters.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Easy to prepare, and DH loved them (I made them for him, since I don't like bananas!). He ate one as was, and felt it needed something, which turned out to be the sprinkled sugar, then they were perfect! Thank you for an unusual recipe, I was happy to find another side to my breadmachine! Thanks, mersaydees!