Bread Machine Black and Green Olive Bread
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
1 two pound loaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup reserved juices (brine from green olives)
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried leaf basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast (or 1 packet)
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, drained, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup green olives, drained, sliced (pimento stuffed olives ok)
- Mix the olive brine (reserved juices from green olives) with the 1 1/3 cups of warm water.
- Add all ingredients (except for the sliced olives) into the bread machine in the order given, or as recommended in you bread machine manual.
- Select Basic or White Bread setting; 2-lb loaf; medium crust.
- If required, add more water or flour, a tablespoon at a time, to form a firm, slightly sticky, non-crumbly ball of dough.
- Add the sliced olives at the beep.
- Makes one 2-lb loaf of olive bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!