Bread Dressing for Turkey
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 4 cups bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- chicken broth
- Sauté onion and celery in the butter until tender.
- Combine onion mixture with bread, pepper, eggs, salt, sage and poultry seasoning in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in broth until well moistened.
- Bake in a greased foil-covered shallow baking dish at 325° for about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Take the cover off the last 5 minutes to brown.
Join The Conversation