Bread and Butter Pudding - Gluten Free
photo by katew
- Ready In:
- 8 slices bread (or more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (can use soy milk)
- 1⁄2 cup cream (single or pouring cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄4 cup sultanas or 1/4 cup other dried fruit, if desired
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix and whisk together the eggs, milk and cream in a medium sized bowls.
- Remove crusts from bread and butter each slice. Cut bread slices in half into traingles.
- Grease an oven-proof dish or ramekins.
- Layer the bread into the bottom of the dishes. Overlap the bread in layers so that it looks pleasing. Any bread that is above the custard layer will brown beautifully.
- Sprinkle the dried fruit over the bread.
- Pour the custard mixture over the bread and then sprinkle over cinamon.
- Bake at 180°C for 20-30 minutes.
- Pudding is best eaten warm but can be eaten cold also.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
AN ABSOLUTELY SATISFYING COMFORT FOOD! Made this recipe almost as written, but did use 1/4 cup of dark raisins AND 1/4 cup of snipped, dried Fuji apples! Served it with a scoop of frozen vanilla yogurt for a late-night treat! Also shared this great dessert with some neighbor friends who loved it as much as we did! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my partners in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #21]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free