Brazilian Style(Milk Pudding)
Hi, this is an original recipe for pudim de leite, which is a classic Brazilian milk pudding made from condensed milk, fresh milk, and eggs .Totally yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup sugar (for the caramel)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 14 ounces milk (use the can to measure)
- 3 eggs
- Place 1 to 2 inches of water in a roasting pan. Place the pan in the oven and preheat to 325°.
- Put the sugar in the ring mold. Place the mold directly over medium heat. Keep turning the mold until the sugar melts into a golden brown caramel and spoon it up the sides of the mold.
- Be careful not to burn the sugar and yourself.
- I use an oven mitt to hold the mold in my left hand and a large spoon for the sugar in my right hand.
- This way I can keep turning the mold and spooning the sugar. Let the mold cool.
- Combine the condensed milk, regular milk and eggs in a blender. Whip (I like to use the frappe button in my blender) until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the mold and place it in the center of the roasting pan with water.
- Bake the pudim for about 1 hour. It will turn golden brown on top and start separating from the sides of the mold. Let it cool to room temperature and place in refrigerator, preferably overnight (at least 6 hours).
- Just before serving, run the tip of a knife around the inside of the mold. Place a deep platter over the mold and invert: the pudim should slide out easily.
- If not, give the mold a firm but careful shake. Spoon the caramel sauce on top and serve. Serves about 10. Totally yummy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I had no idea where to start with this recipe so thank you so much for posting! I have always loved this stuff, but it is so hard to find. This recipe has the right texture, but I added some flavors and it tastes exactly like what I remember. I added about 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and a touch of orange zest as an enhancer. Too much caramel for my licking, but that is easily fixed.Reply