Brazilian Black Bean Soup
Saw this on another recipe site. When I started this recipe I didn't read it all through.(like I should have) Found it missing some key items. This is what I came up with.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped and divided
- 1 -2 carrot, diced
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, more if you like it spicier
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, half of the garlic and carrots.
- Season with cumin.
- Cook stirring until onion and carrots are tender.
- Stir in remaining garlic and the red pepper.
- Continue cooking till tender.
- Add beans, water broth, and orange juice.
- Season with cayenne.
- Place 1/2 or more of mixture in blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Return puree to pan.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve in bowls.
- Garnish with sour cream.
- Serves 6.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation