Brazil - Quindim
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 liter coconut milk
- 500 g coconut, fresh, finely grated
- 24 egg yolks, beaten
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 500 g sugar
- In a bowl, beat the coconut milk, grated coconut, egg yolks and sugar.
- Grease a ring pan with unsalted butter and dust the pan with flour or cornstarch, pour the mixture into the prepared tube pan and let it rest for 40 minutes.
- Place the form in a bain-Marie and bake at 350º F until a knife inserted into the mixture comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- You can also pour the batter into 12 or more molds that have been buttered and dusted in flour or cornstarch, and cook those in a bain- Marie.
- When done, allow to cool, then reverse onto a plate. Serve or chill and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><br /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt= /> <br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /></a><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Zaar%20Food%20Photos/SassyBanner.jpg alt=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Zaar%20Food%20Photos/SassyBanner.jpg /></p>