Brandy Fruit Pot
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- 2 cups oranges
- 2 cups fresh pineapple
- 2 cups fresh pears
- 2 cups fresh peaches
- 2 cups fresh cherries or 2 cups grapes
- 2 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (6-inch)
- 1 pint apricot brandy
- Combine fruit and sugar.
- Let stand 3 hours.
- stirring once or twice. Tie cinnamon in cheesecloth bag.
- Add to fruit and brandy.
- Cover loosely and let stand at least 1 week, stirring once a day.
- To keep pot going, add 1 cup sugar and 2 cup fruit to replace every 2 cup removed.
- The fruit pot may be started at the beginning of the summer with strawberries, oranges and grapes.
- Add more fruit and sugar as they come into season - e.g.
- raspberries, peaches, pears, melon balls.
- Keep refrigerated or in a cold room.
- You can keep one going all year round in your refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note