Brandied Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, heavy cream, milk, eggs, and Cognac until the filling is smooth.
- Pour filling into shell/crust of your choosig. Brush the edge of the shell lightly with egg wash if desired and bake in the middle of a preheated 375°F oven for 1 hour, or until filling is set but the center still shakes slightly. (The filling will continue to set as the pie cools.)
- Transfer pie to a rack and let cool completely.
- Garnish with ginger whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm married to a wonderful man who serves in the US Navy and am Mommy to a precious little one. I have only come to enjoy cooking in the past 2 or 3 years, but it has become one of my favorite activities. I'm currently working on creating a one month menu without repeats, all receiving 5-star ratings from my husband. I'm just beyond the halfway point, and hope to find success in this little venture soon. My husband and I enjoy eating in more often than out, but I do enjoy attempting to re-create our favorite meals from restaurants we discover on vacations, which must always include SCUBA, skiing or some other outdoor sport.