Braised Pork (Tenderloin) With Mushrooms
This is an outstanding recipe I found in Cooking with Herb Scents Cookbook many years ago. It smells wonderful while cooking and is very nice for company or a special occasion.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 lbs pork loin, trimmed
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed summer savory
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Lightly grease 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Cut pork into 2 x 1/2 inch strips, cutting at right angle to the grain of meat.
- Dredge meat in seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add meat and cook until well browned.
- Remove meat to prepared casserole.
- Cook mushrooms in same frying pan, adding another tablespoon of oil if necessary.
- When browned, transfer to the casserole.
- Add chicken broth and wine to frying pan.
- Scrape up any remaining bits of meat.
- Add summer savory and onion.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes, then pour over meat and mushrooms.
- Cover and bake for about 45 minutes, or until meat is very tender.
- Serve with hot cooked rice or noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION