Braised New Potatoes With Thyme
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red new potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup 98% fat free no salt added canned chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- Scrub potatoes until clean.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan. Cover with chicken broth, adding additional water as needed to barely cover potatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Return potatoes to saucepan and add olive oil and thyme. Toss to evenly coat. Transfer potatoes to a bowl and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty, indeed! I might have used more than 1.5 lbs potatoes because I used 1 can broth plus 2 or more cans water and 2tsp oil disappeared! I used dried thyme with great success. A very easy & simple dish that obviously multiplies well. I look forward to making this next summer with fresh herbs! Made for M3C 11/09. Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, Everyone! My husband and I met in college, at Viginia Tech. GO HOKIES!! My major was Nutrition. The science of food is amazing to me. I love to cook and love to eat even more! Currently, I do not work outside our home. We have a baby boy, who is 2 now. I love to see how he decides to eat his food and what he thinks after tasting it. For fun, I enjoy making new recipies and trying to come up with my own, which I call train wrecks. My favorite recipes are ones that do not have a long list of ingrdients and the ingredients it calls for are ones that I generally keep in the pantry. It makes me feel good when my husband tells me the meal I have prepared is a keeper and one to make again. I love him even more when he tells someone else about something that I make. The most feel good thing for me is when my mom asks for the recipe. My mother is the greatest domestic "Chef de Cuisine", or Head of the Kitchen, in my opinion. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">